[PW] accounts of PTSD/other disorders in *American* World War I veterans?

Kevin O'Kelly rkokelly at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:07:20 PDT 2016

W*mb*ts:

I am doing research on behalf of a friend who's writing a novel partly set
in the US in the years immediately after WWI.

She wants some accounts of the psychological experiences of American
veterans in the postwar years

I told her to read Hemingway's "Soldier's Home" for a portrayal of the
alienation experienced by many former doughboys.

I've also been looking online and searching catalogs for any letters,
diaries or memoirs of members of the AEF. I have also been looking through
histories of the 1920s. No luck.

I realize given the time period many men would be reticent about any kind
of trauma they were experiencing, so this could well be something difficult
to find.

I would appreciate any help any of you can provide.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin