[PW] tragic hero references in philosophy

Bales, Stephen E sbales at library.tamu.edu
Mon Feb 15 10:22:21 PST 2016

Howdy. I have a philosophy grad student that is doing her dissertation on tragic heroes in modern philosophy. She is composing a list of classical/tragic heroes that appear in the works of philosophers like Nietzsche, Sartre, and Heidegger. I have been able to find several books that cover greek tragedy and modern philosophy but was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for useful resources. I tried searching philosopher's index and MLA with little luck. Maybe there is a published bibliography or something available?

Stephen Bales, PhD. | Associate Professor and Humanities and Social Sciences Librarian
University Libraries
sbales at library.tamu.edu<mailto:sbales at library.tamu.edu>

5000 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843
Tel. 979.845.1036