[PW] Need citations for quotes

Shannon Teichmann sfox at austincollege.edu
Wed Feb 10 08:39:01 PST 2016

Here's a question from one of our professors:

The Internet is replete with claims that Leonardo da Vinci said, "The noblest of pleasures is the joy of understanding," but I have failed to find a citation for that line. Might you have time to have a look?

Likewise, The Buddha apparently said, "I teach only two things: the cause of human sorrow and the way to become free of it."

He's looking for a good citation for each. If you can help, I appreciate it.

Shannon Fox-Teichmann
Coordinator of Electronic Services & Collections

Austin College | Abell Library Center
900 N. Grand Avenue, Suite 6L
Sherman, TX  75090-4400
Phone 903.813.2559 Cell 903.267.2424