[PW] Pratchett Song

Luke Owens lilongjr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 12:23:31 PDT 2015

I'm re-listening to the late Sir Terry Pratchett's novel NIGHT WATCH and
got to wondering about the song that threads its way through Sam Vines'
mind. The song has the repetitious quality and metre that indicates it
would be a good marching song for soldiers.

It starts by asking how "they rise up" and each verse tells which part of
their body rises up first. I am  now wondering if this is based on a real
marching song and, if so, what that song is.

This is just for me, so no hurry Thanks in advance!

Luke