[PW] Far Country by Rudyard Kipling?

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Wed Apr 29 07:05:24 PDT 2015

I posted the story description on another of my lists (Fictionmags),
where Douglas Anderson suggested that the story Twitchell was thinking
of is very likely "The Far Islands" by John Buchan (and Dave Langford
seconded the identification).

It's online at (probably among other places)

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks07/0700701h.html

The Far Islands

by

John Buchan

"The Far Islands" was first published in the November 1899 issue of
Blackwood's Magazine, and was collected in The Watcher by the
Threshold and Other Tales (1902).

Dennis Lien / d-lien at umn.edu